A motorcycle crash can happen when you expect the least. In Tucson, motorcycle accidents are often responsible for some of the worst outcomes. As a biker, you may suffer more severe injuries in such a mishap compared to someone who is wearing a seatbelt in a car. Following a motorcycle accident, you should call a lawyer to know whether you have a claim against the other party. Here are the steps that you need to take right after.
- Stop at the scene and exchange details. Make sure that you don’t flee the scene. Stop and check if everyone is okay. You should also exchange information with other parties, including insurance details, contact numbers, addresses, and license info.
- See a doctor. Even if you don’t feel as much pain immediately after a motorcycle accident, don’t assume you are fine. It’s okay if you don’t need to visit the ER right after, but see an injury doctor without delay. Besides the medical care, you will have the documentation you need to prove that you were injured in the accident.
- Report the mishap. You should inform the police of the motorcycle accident as soon as you can, and this is not just about your claim because the state laws make it mandatory. You can report the accident to the Tucson Police Department.
- Document everything. Take videos and pictures of the scene and ensure you have images of your injury and road conditions. You should also take the contact information of witnesses at the scene to get testimonies later.
- Inform the insurance company. You should also inform your insurer of the crash without delay. Also, if the insurance adjuster calls you to discuss the facts of your claim, ensure that you don’t give a statement.
Talk to a lawyer
You need to call a personal injury lawyer immediately after the motorcycle accident. Most law firms in Tucson will not ask for a fee to evaluate your case and ensure that you have a fair idea of what to expect. The right lawyer will answer your questions and give you a proper perspective on dealing with the insurance adjuster. In fact, once you hire a motorcycle accident lawyer, you don’t need to talk to the adjuster directly. Your lawyer can also file a lawsuit if they believe you deserve more than the insurance offer.
Your lawyer only gets their fee when you win, which is an advantage too.