Rapid technological advancements have brought tremendous changes to the web development industry. As a web developer, you must stay up-to-date with the latest tools and technologies to create compatible software across different browsers and devices.
Cross-browser testing is essential to web development, and choosing the right tool for the job is crucial. This blog post will examine the top 7 cross-browser testing tools you should use in 2023.
We will discuss their features so you can choose a cross-browser testing tool.
TestGrid is the best cross-browser testing platform available in 2023. It offers an array of features, making it an ideal choice for comprehensive and robust browser testing. TestGrid includes performance metrics, network assets reports, 100+ real devices, private device clouds, and more.
With TestGrid, users can test websites and applications on different operating systems, browsers, and mobile devices with different OS versions to ensure full compatibility across all platforms.
With TestGrid, you can perform automated testing in a scriptless manner, either on-premise or in the cloud, for a successful launch. Currently, it offers support for both the latest and older devices.
In addition, you can integrate TestGrid with your favourite CI/CD tool for continuous testing, such as Jenkins and many others.
To help you save time and money on your SDLC, the platform offers a full suite of smart tools, a cloud of real devices, and simple and more accurate functional test automation tools.
- Lifetime free access with a basic plan.
- Efficiently perform automated testing on a selenium grid and handle large-scale testing on the cloud or your servers.
- Access to the latest and legacy devices at the testing time.
BitBar is a cloud-based testing solution that helps you ensure the performance and compatibility of your web and mobile apps across multiple platforms. It offers automated testing capabilities in real browsers and devices, manual testing, CI/CD integration, and comprehensive reports.
With BitBar, you can quickly test your application on different platforms, including iOS, Android, and Windows. This tool allows you to run tests in parallel, significantly reducing execution time.
Whether you need testing, security, or hosting, there are deployment options to suit your needs.
- Conduct manual and automated testing effortlessly in the cloud on the most recent and widely used browsers and devices.
- Ability to execute Selenium and Appium Tests in the cloud environment
- Seamless integration with various cloud platforms such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM API Connect, and popular development tools like GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab, Azure DevOps, and Apigee.
LambdaTest is a cloud-based platform that enables developers and QA engineers to test cross-browser compatibility on their web apps and websites. It allows automated selenium scripts to be executed on its scalable cloud grid.
With LambdaTest, you can perform tests on over 2000 different combinations of browsers and operating systems, including mobile devices.
- Perform Selenium automation testing on a highly scalable grid that supports over 2000 browser environments.
- Conduct automated screenshot and response testing for websites.
- Ability to test websites hosted locally or privately via SSH Tunnel connection.
It is designed to quickly handle high testing volumes, making it an efficient option for cross-browser testing. This tool can also test web pages requiring a login or other form of authentication.
You can use clear and simple drag-and-drop operations to create automated UI tests without knowing any programming or scripting languages. In addition, it supports parallel testing, allowing test cases to run simultaneously on several devices.
- Ability to identify web elements, even those with dynamic IDs, consistently.
- Supports data-driven and keyword-driven testing approaches.
- Easily integrates with popular tools such as Jenkins, TestRail, Git, Jira, and Travis CI for a seamless testing experience.
HeadSpin offers a remote testing solution for cross-browser compatibility, where users can test on thousands of real devices using the cloud. It allows users to easily check the responsiveness of their mobile app or website and perform load testing in real environments for highly accurate results.
The service provides easy-to-use, easy-to-set-up, easy-to-test, and accurate results. It will give you a comprehensive view of how your website or app will function on various devices.
- Conduct testing on thousands of actual devices to ensure 100% accuracy.
- Provides support for Chrome headless browser.
- Experience zero maintenance stress and accelerated development by up to 10x with the automation of Selenium tests.
Browsershots is a well-known cross-browser testing tool allowing you to take website screenshots in almost 61 browsers and operating systems.
- Effortlessly integrate with popular tools such as JIRA and Bugzilla.
- Provides support for Chrome headless browser.
- Provides an ability to test on various devices, such as the iPhone.
Perfecto is an ideal option for those who value speed of execution, detailed reporting, and automated testing frameworks. Perfecto takes cross-browser testing to the next level with many plugins and integrations.
Perfecto supports all the necessary cloud browser versions. For complete platform coverage, use any browser, both old and new. Both manual and automated testing, as well as advanced automation scenarios, are supported by the Perfecto test cloud.
- Perfecto is a good option if you need software that enables testing on mobile and desktop browsers.
- This tool allows you to perform live, interactive testing sessions.
To help you find the suitable tool for your needs, we’ve outlined seven of the best cross-browser testing tools in 2023. TestGrid, BitBar, LambdaTest, Ranorex Studio, HeadSpin, Browsershots, and Perfecto are all great options for testing on different browsers and operating systems.